Sarah Tarjeson, 4-H Youth Development Educator
- A monthly newsletter for New or 1st Year 4-H Families where they were introduced to the 4-H
Youth Development Program. The purpose of this effort was to develop a sense of belonging to
our organization and build confidence in parents and members as they participate in club and
- A series of events for youth to prepare to compete in dairy and livestock judging. The purpose
of this effort is to increase participants’ knowledge of the quality characteristics of dairy and
- Planning for youth program fundraising with adult volunteers where participants reviewed
COVID-19 Foodstand Planning Tools and Resources and discussed adaptations to food safety
practices to enable youth to continue fundraising for their programs.
- Recruited, interviewed, and selected older youth camp staff where youth submitted written
application materials responded to questions of a typical interview and were informed of
their positions on staff in order to develop work skills, build leadership and develop a sense of
belonging among the camp staff team.
- Supported the 4-H Leaders Association by recruiting volunteers to serve in the 4-H Food Stand
Purchasing Role and as the Lead for the 4-H Silent Auction, two major fundraisers which support
local 4-H programming.
- Training for youth and adult camp staff where participants toured new facilities at Camp
Rokilio and developed a schedule for upcoming camps. The purpose of this effort is to provide
programming appropriate for the age and developmental abilities of our campers and to promote
a safe and healthy environment for camp participants.