Amanda Miller, FoodWIse Coordinator
- Attended a workshop series to learn the national Around the Table curriculum. The purpose of the training is to learn skills to teach nutrition classes with trauma and resiliency resources in mind.
- Shared a series of emails for the Food Providers Group to support local food pantries during COVID-19. This communication is designed to support coordination between local agencies and organizations in service of those impacted by this emergency situation.
- Helped plan a series of meetings with local public health departments to implement their Community Health Improvement Plan. This effort was designed to improve community adoption of health and nutrition practices.
- Developed a monthly series of newsletters for older adults to learn about health and nutrition during COVID. These newsletters help share valuable information while sites have visitor restrictions.
- Hosted weekly virtual classes for Forward Services clients (W2 and FSET FoodShare Employment and Training.) The classes offer food budgeting skills to help spend FoodShare dollars.
- Shared a series of communications (emails, newsletter articles, and Facebook posts) to recognize National Farmers Market Week. The goal is to promote the use of local farmers markets and fresh, local produce.