4-H Online Enrollment…
- 4-H Online Re-Enrollment Instructions
- Enrolling in 4HOnline as a NEW family Step by step guide to registration (PDF)
The Sheboygan County 4-H Program has a portable commercial-grade popcorn machine. Clubs and projects can check out the popcorn machine for their club or project meetings, 4-H activities, animal shows, fundraisers, etc. Popcorn and supplies are included. If you’re interested in using the popcorn machine, call920-459-5903.
4-H Cloverbud Fair Exhibitor
While the idea of holding the Sheboygan County Fair is still a bit unknown, we do know that our Cloverbuds have been busy throughout the year creating, learning, and being awesome. Although we don’t know what the end of the year will look like we know that we want to share your growth with others. So that means we need you to tell us what you’d like to exhibit – we’ll work out the rest later!
View the links below for valuable information regarding entering your projects as a 4-H Cloverbud. The first page is the Cloverbud Class List. The second is the Cloverbud Entry Form.
- Please review the Cloverbud Class List Cloverbuds can enter a total of three items, one per lot number (project description).
- Complete the Cloverbud Entry Form (including a parent signature) and return it to the Sheboygan County Extension office by July 15, 2021! An outdoor drop box is available for your convenience.
- Mark August 23rd from 1-7 p.m. on your calendar as the date for the face-to-face judging process. This may be subject to change, but we hope to still offer the opportunity for judging on this day.
Your “Exhibitor Tags” will be mailed directly to you in Early August. (Regular member tags can be picked up prior to judging day at the Fair Office – stay tuned for the announcement mid-August)!
The Extension office manages all Cloverbud Entries for the Fair. If you have any questions regarding this process please call 920-459-5903.
“Spirit of 4-H” Award Categories
Create a short video or one-page write-up explaining why you as a youth member, a program/event/project/club or volunteer deserve the Spirit of 4-H Award! Feel free to submit for one or all three categories.
Your 3 minute (or less) video or write up should include the following information:
- Introduce yourself by stating your First and Last Name, your 4-H Club or Group affiliation and what grade you are in or have completed.
- Your response to the questions for the appropriate category:
- Spark: What is your “Spark” in 4-H and why? What action step(s) have you taken or do you plan to take to help this spark become a flame?
- Quality Youth Program: What program (i.e. program/event/project/club) did you participate in that you believe was high quality AND made a positive difference in your life? How has participation impacted other’s lives?
- Youth-Adult Partnership: What 4-H volunteer leader has excelled with youth-adult relationships and why?
Submit your video or write up by November 1st
To see more about each category, please view the following links:
Spark Award Description and Spark Award Scoring Rubric
Youth Program Quality Description and Youth Program Quality Scoring Rubric
Youth-Adult Partnership Description and Youth-Adult Partnership Scoring Rubric
4-H Awards, Trips, and Recognition
A HUGE packet of information has been put together to better help 4-H members and their families understand the process and opportunities available for awards, trips and recognition. (Individual applications can still be found at https://sheboygan.extension.wisc.edu/award-applications/. This packet includes all of the information that you would need to take your 4-H Experience to the next level of opportunity and recognition. Pay close attention to the varied deadlines and interview dates for these applications.
Friend of 4-H/Meritorious Service Award – Typically Adults, due October 15
Clover Awards – 3rd grade and up, due October 15
Cloverbud Achievement Awards – 2nd grade only, due October 15
Project Awards – 6th grade and up, due October 1 with interviews on October 15
WI 4-H & Youth Conference – grades 7 – 10 – pending
National 4-H Conference – grades 10-12 – pending
American Spirit – grades 8 -10 – pending
Citizenship-Washington Focus – grades 10 -12 – pending
Wisconsin 4-H Key Award – grades 11-12, due October 1 – watch for interview information
National 4-H Congress – grades 11-12, due October 1 – watch for interview information
Portfolio Instructions and Samples to be submitted for Project Award, Key Award and Trip Applications
Reference Forms To be included with Project Award, Key Award and Trip Applications
All applications/portfolios should be returned to the Extension Office 5 University Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081 by the printed due date.
Applications for the County Project Awards are available online, here: https://sheboygan.extension.wisc.edu/award-applications/.
Please be sure the application and direction sheets you have are the current ones – they’ll say “Rev. 2016” on the bottom. All members who have completed 6th grade or above are eligible to apply for these awards. Use the grade you were in this past school year, not the grade you will be in when school starts in September. In an attempt to make the application a bit more friendly for those in the Junior Division (Grades 6-7), we made a modified application to be completed.
Each person may apply for a maximum of three awards. You must submit a separate application for each award category you want to apply for. Please include only the information related to the award category you are applying for. Example: If you are applying for Communication Arts, Leadership and Overall Achievement, you should be submitting 3 separate application forms. The Communication Arts applications would only include information related to the Communication Arts category, including leadership in the communication arts area.
The Leadership application should only include leadership activities. This would include your leadership in the Communication Arts area as well as all of your other 4-H leadership activities from the past year on both the club and county level. The overall achievement application should tell us what you have done in your project areas, including what you learned this year. It should also include community service and leadership activities, as well as any other club, county, and state 4-H sponsored activities you took part in during the past year including trips, fundraising and recreational activities.
4-H Forms & Applications
- Trip & Award Applications
- Community Builder Form
- Member & Project Grant Applications
- Scholarship Applications
- Record Books & Officer Record Forms
- State of Wisconsin General Accident Report
- Suggestions or Concerns “Care to Share Form”
Contact 4-H Youth Development for more information.
Phone: (920) 459-5903